Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Random thoughts

I didn't see the game Saturday so going off of what I've read, here is my main thought: the team thought they could sleepwalk through this one. This is a team we should have blown out of Memorial Stadium. It reminds me a little of the game against Western IL last year. That was a night game and if I recall correctly pretty sloppy weather conditions as well. We seemed to lack intensity and be pretty out of sync. After that game the team really started to put it together and had a great season.

Let's hope they can do that again this year. I'm sure the coaches will use the bye week to wake these boys up and show them that Happy Valley ain't gonna be like playing against a community college. They are really going to have to bring it if they want to win.

On another note, I read somewhere that the Night of Legends was IL SID Kent Brown's idea. Brilliant! A strong basketball alumni network is a key to continue building a strong program. I can't imagine that it won't help with recruiting as well. Along those lines, check out photos from the event on Illinois Loyalty here.

Also, Daily Illini has some good stuff here, noting the fact that Lucas Johnson had to get stitches (why does that not surprise me).

Great job by Supinie for getting Dee Brown on the record saying he wants to coach at Illinois someday.

And great job by Klee for getting Nick Anderson on the record saying he doesn't want to be a stranger anymore.



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?