Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What are the Odds?

According to Vegas, the Illini are 3-point favorites against #5 Wisconsin this weekend. I have a hard time buying that, especially since I'm sure it's posted on a locker room bulletin board in Madison.

It's been a LONG time since Illinois has been expected to even compete with a team ranked in the top 5. And although after last weekend, rankings below #1 and #2 seem to have less meaning, you still have to respect a program on a 14-game winning streak under a young head coach.

However, we proved we can play with the Badgers for at least 30 minutes when we visited Camp Randall last year. Our defense kept P.J. Hill from having much of an impact on the game, although I realize injury kept him on the sidelines.

I don't necessarily think the oddsmakers have called it, but I do expect an exciting game in Champaign this weekend. Go Illini!

Labels: ,




<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?