Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sour grapes and accusations from Wisconsin player

Is this the best they can come up with after we beat them? Please. Here's the snip I'm talking about:

Wisconsin all-conference cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu, perhaps practicing for a future career as a TV analyst, was blunter, feeding those skeptics who questioned Illinois' recruiting surge last winter.

"I don't know what the boosters are paying their players," he said. "They've done a better job recruiting. They have plenty of athletes. I've been around them for four years, and they are leaps and bounds from where I saw them."

When I told him Illinois fans were going to just love his "boosters" comment, Ikegwuonu giggled. Then a few Wisconsin writers suggested he say he was joking.

"I don't know," he replied, laughing all the way. "That was a joke. That was definitely a joke. Please don't write that or coach Bielema's gonna have me."




<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?