Sunday, September 30, 2007

"I will not be denied"

Those are the words of one Regus Benn, star wide receiver and kick returner for the Illini. But they could sum up what to me looked like the entire team's attitude yesterday. Click here for video highlights.

Illinois football is back, baby! And now the question is, just how good is this team?

We will find out a lot next Saturday against Wisconsin. I certainly didn't expect us to win yesterday. As a matter of fact, I didn't expect us to win any of the games in this stretch against Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa or Michigan.

But the factor I didn't take into account is that three out of four of them are at home. Penn State is a good football team so my thinking is the sky's the limit on this season.

It's great to have awesome talent on the field again. And I will enjoy this fall to its fullest because I have a feeling the hoops program is going in the opposite direction.

As for the QB "controversy," I think Zook needs to start Juice next weekend. He showed great progress with his passing in the first half yesterday and if he can adjust as Wisconsin adjusts, it'll be even more progress. Give the guy the start but use McGee if you need to.

What do you think?

Labels: , ,




<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?