Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jeff Jordan on his famous dad: "He preferred me to go anywhere but Duke.''

The Chicago Sun-Times has a nice profile of Jeff Jordan today. A couple key excerpts:

On his choice of U of I:

"My mom [Juanita] is definitely more concerned about the academics,'' he said. ''She could care less about basketball. And my dad was definitely fine with me choosing Illinois. He said he'd support me and cheer for me wherever I went, and whether I played basketball or not. I think he would have liked for me to go to North Carolina, but he preferred me to go anywhere but Duke.''

On his brother Marcus:

His brother Marcus -- a highly regarded high school junior prospect -- is simply happy he picked a college that wears orange and blue, the colors of Marcus' new school, Young.

''Marcus wants me to get him some gear,'' he said with a laugh.

Labels: , , ,




<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?