Friday, April 06, 2007

Guest Blog: A Young Illini

Here at Illinitalk, we discriminate primarily on the basis of team loyalty, college affiliation and opinion. We do not discriminate based on age, race, faith, etc. We also strive to be truly comprehensive and unique.

With that in mind, we are pleased to bring you a guest blog from one of our faithful readers:

Hi! I'm 'Little Alma Mater' and I'm 11 years old. I know Alma Mater very well she has taught (brainwashed) me almost all I know about college sports and the Illini. Because of her when I was asked if I would rather go to the U of I or Disney World, I simply said, "Are you crazy? The U of I of course. It's one of the best vacation spots ever!"

Speaking of college sports, the NCAA men's basketball tournament just came to a close. How sad. My brackets weren't too pretty but they entertained me (and I think life goes on). My mom's brackets did really well however. (She guessed.) It was kind of hard to live with her for a while.

I don't know how the other fifth graders' brackets did (by 'other' I mean a few of the boys). I'm the only girl at school who really likes collage basketball. It stinks. There are also some annoying Hawkeye fans I have to deal with.

Now back to my brackets. Wisconsin's loss hurt bad, I had them going to the Final 4. Ohio State won it all in my brackets, but at least they made it as far as they did. They were the only Final 4 team I had left. I also had the Illini wining their first game. Be loyal people! Shame on those of you who didn't pick them over VT.

Anyway, at least I didn't start over at the Sweet 16 like AM said I do.

If you like a suspenseful tournament this year was great. 4 OTs in only 8 games one night! I didn't know how many close games I could take. That same night North Carolina beat Michigan St. by 14 (unfortunately, you have to go with the Big Ten). Mom said it was really a blowout even though it wasn't an awful game, because of all the OTs.

Overall I thought the Illini did fairly well this year considering the circumstances. It would have been nice not to have all those injuries, or the Jamar Smith deal. I'm sure loosing the Chief didn't help our players either. They're a pretty young team though and have lots of room to improve. I can't wait to watch them again next season!
GO ILLINI!!


(Please note that this post represents a reader opinion, only, and is not the official Illinitalk position on any issues, particularly my character. Personally, I plead the fifth on any accusations contained above.)

Labels: ,




<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?