Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

I saw a few of my favorite things during the Illini's convincing win at Northwestern:
1. A road win. Plus a strong finish -- no letting this one go.
2. Assists. 18 of them, I believe. I saw some pretty sweet passes inside, where the Illini were wide open and dominating.
3. Rebounds. Lots of them -- on both ends of the floor. Many fell into their hands, but they jumped and fought for a few, too. (By the way, it's nice to know that Illinois leads the Big Ten in offensive rebounds. I'll take that as a positive and ignore the fact that this stat is related to shooting percentage.)
4. Wide-open 3s. I prefer HORSE shots to quick 3s when there is a defender's hand in the shooter's face.

There were other things to like, but Northwestern is having a really rough season. Now on to another big road game this weekend.



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?