Wednesday, January 03, 2007

USA Today On Zook

Ron Zook comes across as extremely gracious in this USA Today story. Reading this, you can tell he really cares about the athletes he recruits. It's no wonder guys like him so much and want to play for him.

Check out this excerpt:

One of Zook's biggest recruits was quarterback Chris Leak, who was a highly touted star from Independence High in Charlotte. Leak took over the starting job in 2003 as a freshman and will wrap up his playing career against Ohio State.

"I had a great relationship with him, and he really cared about my future," Leak says of his former coach.

Leak graduated a semester early, receiving a degree in sociology Dec. 16.

"Chris called me that (day) and told me he had graduated, and he thanked me," Zook says. "I said, 'Don't thank me. You did it.' I'm proud and happy for him."



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?