Monday, January 08, 2007

Guest Blog: Future Illini Bill Cole

This is the first in a series of blog diaries by Illini basketball and football recruits here at Illinitalk. Kudo's to Bill Cole for being the first recruit to take the plunge:

Hey everybody it's Bill Cole coming straight out of my living room on Sunday night.

This weekend we played two tough teams and I think Richwoods finally came together as a unit.

Friday night we ran into a very tough Peoria Central team at their place. We were winning by about 8-10 or so most of the game until the 3rd period when they actually took the lead. It came down to the wire and was tied most of the 4th...with about 25 seconds left my team fed me the ball on the block and I made that shot that would turn out to be the game winner. I give all the credit to Central and their team...they played their hearts out and really wanted to beat us.

I know their sophomore stud D.J. Richardson is being recruited by Illinois, and I think he is a very good player. He is a very smart guard with great body control, he is also a great kid from the times I've talked to him.

Saturday we played Springfield High at Springfield. They were a solid team, but a little undersized and they had trouble stopping me in the post. I could just shoot right over the top of them. I really have to give all the credit to my teammates for finding me last night...that's been one of our focal points lately. We ended up pulling away and beating them by around 20.

I was happy with the way I played last night, except for my free throw shooting. I was 2-9, which is so unlike me. I'm not sure what happened. That will be corrected this next weekend.

I did see the Illinois - Ohio State game last night. I thought the Illini were playing well and playing hard. They were right there with them until it seemed like OSU's shooters got away from us right before the half ended and they went on that run. I was pleased with the way they kept Oden in check.

I think the team is struggling to find what defines them right now. But I have the utmost confidence in the coaching staff and the players. I know Coach Weber is gonna get them back on the winning track here shortly.

Well anyways that's all I've got for now. I can't wait to get down to ChamPAIGN and start trying to help the Orange and Blue, but I have some business to handle for Richwoods first. We have three games in four days at the end of this week, and I think if we can come out 3-0...then we will be back on the track to the state finals just like last year!

Go Illini,
Bill Cole



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?