Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bill Cole on the Weekend and What He Thinks about Indiana

Here is the second in an occassional guest blog series by Richwoods senior and future Illini Bill Cole:

Richwoods is fresh off three wins this past weekend. We played Peoria Woodruff, Moline and Champaign Central.

Peoria Woodruff was played at Woodruff on the 12th. We ended up beating them pretty bad-I had 29 and 15. We played Moline at RHS on the 16th and we beat them too-I had 20 and 10 in three quarters. The third and final game was Monday on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We played Champaign Central in the fieldhouse. They jumped out to an early lead but my boy Justin Dehm caught fire and led us to a 10 point lead at the half. We ended up kind of pulling away until the end of the game when they made some 3's. Justin ended up with a career high 32 points! I finished with 17.

All in all I think it was a great weekend for our program. If we can string together a few more wins I think we will be where we need to for the state tourney. We play Schaumburg up north on Saturday.

Aside from basketball...school is going well right now. Spanish 5-6 is my hardest course. I'm trying hard to get good grades during the season and I'm doing a pretty good job. I finally decided what I want to major in down at U of I. I want to be a business major. I know this will be extremely hard, but I know if I stay focused I'll be able to do it.

I didn't get a chance to catch the game, but I heard the Illini beat up Minnesota pretty bad, which is great to see. It would be awesome if they could put a string of wins together here! Especially one against IU...I really don't like them. haha.

Go Illini,
Bill Cole



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?