Friday, February 25, 2005

Say Again?

A couple of gems from the Illinois/Northwestern game that I forgot to share yesterday:

#1
While discussing each team's 3 point shooting near the end of the game, this was analyst Shon Harris comment to play-by-play man Wayne Larrivee on WCIU Channel 26:

"Gus the kicking mule might be able to come in and drop kick one in there but it just hasn't gone for NW."

My jaw just dropped. I don't know where he came up with that one but only on WCIU.


#2
Okay, this is going to be one of those where maybe you had to be there but I am going to tell it anyway.

Good Hope Orange (sitting in my comfy living room chair while watching the second half):
"It's time to trim the plant."

Oskee Mom Mom (my wife): "What are you talking about?"

Good Hope Orange: "It's time to trim the plant."

Oskee Mom Mom: "Huh? Do you mean it's time for Weber to put in the bench players?"

Good Hope Orange: "No, I mean it's literally time to trim your ivy plant. It's blocking part of my view of the TV!"

Oskee Mom Mom: "Oh, I thought maybe "trim the plant" was some term for bringing in the bench players that I just hadn't heard of."

Good Hope Orange: --can't talk--laughing hysterically!

Again, maybe you had to be there, but trust me when I say it was very amusing. I will be asking her about "trimming the plant" during the next few games. To be fair, let me point out that Oskee Mom Mom is a very big Illini basketball fan and is typically quite knowledgeable about the game and it's terms.



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?