Monday, January 31, 2005

"I liked you better when you were fat."

Herb Gould of the Chicago Sun-Times has a great story today previewing tomorrow night's game at Michigan State. The story is full of great one-liners. A sampling:

MSU Coach Tom Izzo to Deron Williams at Big Ten media day in October:
"You look good. You're in shape. I don't like that. I liked you better when you were fat.''

This one from Nick Smith on the Illini's chances of winning at the Breslin Center should send the Grateful Red at Wisconsin into orbit:
"It might be even harder because Michigan State is probably more talented than Wisconsin and has much better athletes.''

Dee Brown on MSU player and former Proviso East teammate Shannon Brown:
"He's doing his thing at Michigan State. I'm down here (at Illinois). I made the wise decision.''

This is just a sampling. Be sure to read the full story to for a few more whoppers from Brown and Smith.



<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?